Benefits of Mental Math
Having the ability to do mathematics in your head without using a calculator is one of the most valuable skills a kid can have. Not only does it save time and energy, but also it helps children understand the subject in a more fun way.
1. Self-confidence & Motivation: It is well known that learning the basics of mental math can help kids gain confidence in their abilities and improve their self-esteem. As a result, they will be more likely to approach their studies with a positive attitude and be more willing to try harder.
2. Enhanced Performance: It has been shown that when students are trained in mental math, their performance improves. This is similar to the process of improving your fitness levels by increasing the amount of exercise you do.
3. Speed: When you know a mental method to do sums, it is incredibly easy to do them quickly. This is important in a number of situations, such as standing in line at the grocery store or preparing for an exam.
4. Estimating: Having the ability to estimate your calculations is another skill that is essential for performing mental math. Whether it’s figuring out how much money you need for groceries, calculating the price of your vacation, or estimating the mileage for your car, having this skill will help you to do your calculations more easily and accurately.
5. Practice: Make sure you’re doing the mental math tricks regularly, both in school and outside of class. Flashcards, online math quizzes, and one-on-one sessions are great ways to practice and strengthen your skills.