Chakra meditation is the process of healing or balancing your chakras (energy centers), which affect our mental, emotional and physical well-being. It is an ancient practice that can be used by anyone, no matter their religious beliefs or cultural background.
The chakras are energy points that reside in the astral body and spread prana, or life-force energy, to vital regions. Blocked or imbalanced chakras can lead to symptoms such as low mood, stubborn fatigue or emotional instability.
You can unblock and balance each chakra through a variety of methods, from meditation to yoga. Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Start with the root chakra
Begin by finding a comfortable, quiet place where you won't be disturbed for at least 15-20 minutes. Take a deep breath in and exhale slowly, making sure to fill your lungs with air as you breathe out.
2. Visualize your base chakra as a spinning red wheel or a lotus flower with vibrating petals, whatever feels right for you.
3. Bring a red light or chant the “lam” mantra into your root chakra to clear any stagnant energy and negative emotions associated with this chakra.
4. Move on to the sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra or heart chakra with a similar method.
5. Re-energize each chakra with light
At the end of this meditation, imagine the chakras re-energized as discs or lotus flowers and glow with a warm glow. Repeat this step for all seven chakras, ensuring that you see each one gaining and spreading energy and teeming with light.