Drinking water is essential to staying healthy and happy. It's also one of the easiest things you can do to improve your health. So why don't you take the time to learn more about the benefits of drinking water?
1. It can boost your metabolism to burn calories more efficiently.
The body is made up of 60 percent water, so it makes sense that a steady supply of this liquid is important to a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it also lubricates your joints and helps eliminate pain.
2. It's a good source of energy that suppresses hunger, enabling you to eat less.
3. It hydrates the skin to prevent dryness and keep you glowing.
4. It helps to regulate your temperature and reduces fatigue, giving you energy when you need it most.
5. It promotes a healthier weight loss and suppresses cravings for snacks between meals.
6. It reduces joint pain, lubricates your muscles and improves digestion.
7. It hydrates the kidneys and keeps them functioning properly.
8. It's a natural source of minerals, such as sodium, potassium and chloride.
9. It helps to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
10. It can prevent kidney stones from forming and can help to flush them out in case they do.
11. It can relieve headaches.
12. It can increase the level of HDL cholesterol and reduce the risk of clogged arteries.
13. It's a good way to get nutrients into your body, such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.