Benefits of Brushing Beard
Brushing your beard every day not only helps you tame and style it, but it also offers many other benefits that you may not be aware of. Whether you have a short beard, a full beard or just the beginning stages of a growing beard, here are 9 of the best reasons to brush your beard!
1. Removes dirt, oil and stray hair.
Your beard collects all kinds of debris, from dry skin flakes to bits of food that might have found their way under the blades of your razor. When you brush it regularly, you’ll be able to rid your beard of these unwanted elements and keep it looking clean and healthy.
2. Increases blood flow to the beard and hair follicles.
Beards grow best when they have proper blood circulation to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles. Brushing the beard stimulates this flow of blood and promotes growth of a fuller beard.
3. Reduces the appearance of knots.
The texture of the bristles on a beard brush penetrates into the roots of your facial hair to exfoliate while also stimulating blood flow. This process not only makes the beard look cleaner but it also removes a layer of dead skin cells that could prevent sprouting follicles.
4. It separates beard hair to give it a thicker look and enhances natural shine.
5. It helps distribute beard oil evenly across the face, reducing frizziness and providing a shiny finish.